Citrus Shrimp with Black Rice
- 2 oranges
- 1 1/3 Cup Water
- 3/4 Cup Uncooked SP Herb Black Rice
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Pound fresh or frozen peeled and deveined medium shrimp, thawed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 cups baby arugula
- • Orange wedges (optional) option
1. Remove 1 teaspoon zest and squeeze 1/2 cup juice from the 2 oranges; set aside. In a medium saucepan bring the water, rice, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, about 30 - 45 minutes or until water is absorbed. (tips for speeding the time for cook the rice Can soak overnight and will save about 15 min time.)
Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of the orange zest and 1/4 cup of the orange juice
2. Meanwhile, rinse shrimp; pat dry. For marinade, in a medium bowl combine oil, garlic, pepper, 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, 1/4 cup orange juice, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add shrimp; toss to coat. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator 10 minutes.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp mixture; cook and stir 5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Using a slotted spoon, remove shrimp from skillet. For sauce, bring marinade to simmering. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until marinade is slightly thickened
4. To serve, spoon warm rice and shrimp over arugula and drizzle with sauce. If desired, serve with orange wedges.