Thai Minced Pork Salad with Lemongrass Ginger Seasoning & SP Herb Black Rice
- 2 cup SP Herb cooked Black Rice
- 1 tbsp water or chicken broth
- 1 bl ground pork (ground chicken, turkey or beef work fine too)
- 2-3 cloves garlic cloves – minced
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Season with Spice’s Lemongrass Ginger Seasoning, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Season with Spice’s Mae Supen Chili Powder (Imported by SP Herb)
- 1 small cucumber – diced
1. Heat water or broth in a large frying pan or wok until it starts to boil. Add in minced pork and give it a few stirs. Add in garlic, and stir continuously to break down the meat. Cook for a couple of minutes, then add in oyster sauce, and continue to stir-fry until pork is just cooked. Add in the sugar. Cook for another two minutes until the liquid has evaporated and the pork is fully cooked. Quickly stir in diced cucumber to mix with the meat, along with the lemongrass ginger seasoning and smoked serrano chili powder (if using).
2. Remove from heat, then add in the shallots and fresh herbs. Squeeze in lime juice and give everything a good mix. Add SP Herb Black Rice. Finally, sprinkle in Thai Ginger Lime Sea Salt. Taste, and adjust any seasonings.
3. Dish out and garnish with more fresh herbs. You can serve the Thai Minced Pork Salad with lettuce for wraps, or over SP Herb Black Rice. Serve along with lime wedges, and crushed peanuts or cashews